Class sizes are restricted at Red Cloud High School in order to create a superior learning environment. New admissions to Red Cloud, as a result, are contingent on vacancies. To receive an admissions application or to learn more about our requirements, please call the high school at 605/867-1289.
The following policies govern student admission to Red Cloud High School:
- Applicants must live on the Pine Ridge Reservation, except in the case of the children of Red Cloud staff.
- The Admission Application Form must be completed and submitted.
- Applicants must qualify for admission on the admission test. Admission exams are offered throughout the school year - call the high school at 867-1289 to find out dates.
- Applicants with special needs must indicate them on the Admission Application Form. Concealing such information would invalidate a candidate’s admission, even if granted.
Freshmen Admission Guidelines
- Freshmen applicants must meet all general admission requirements in order to qualify for admission.
- The student needs to have graduated eighth grade.
(a) The student must maintain a 1.70 GPA in all subjects at the end of the first year. Failure to do so will result in an automatic academic dismissal at the end of the year.
(b) All school rules relating to Academic Probation apply.
(c) The student may be required to receive tutoring.
Transfer Student Admission Requirements
- Transfer students must meet all general admission requirements in order to qualify for admission.
- Transcripts from the previous school are required before a transfer student can be officially enrolled.
- No student can transfer into the second semester of the senior class.
- Transfer students with less than a 2.0 cumulative GPA will not be admitted.