Red Cloud Middle School athletics are an integral part of the total curriculum that is vital to the educational development of the student-athlete. Athletics play an important part in the lives of those attending Red Cloud School. Students/athletes learn a great deal from participation in interscholastic athletics. Lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, competition, and how to win and lose gracefully are an integral part of each team in our athletic program.
Athletics are important in developing a healthy self-concept as well as a healthy body. Our athletic programs strive for the development of well-rounded individuals capable of taking their places in contemporary society. Through our athletic programs, we seek to:
- Develop fine/gross motor skills essential for learning and living.
- Develop a healthy lifestyle through regular physical activity.
- Participate in a wide-range of recreational and athletic activities to develop teamwork, good sportsmanship and a respect for others.
- Develop physical capabilities that promote psychological balance and intellectual alertness.
- Be able to maintain good health throughout life by making positive choices in nutrition, exercise, and safety.
Red Cloud students have the opportunity to participate in a full range of competitive athletics, beginning in the middle school with grades five through eight. Students may compete in the following programs:
- Cross Country
- Flag Football
- Girls Volleyball
Winter and Spring
- Boys and Girls Basketball
Red Cloud Elementary School is a member of the Big Foot Athletic Conference.
Contact the Elementary Athletic Director